A Spark of Reverie: A Fantasy Flash Fiction Collection
Perfectly bite-sized for when time is short, but you want something fun to read.
This collection contains twenty-five micro stories sparked by a love of fantasy, both the sword and sorcery kind and the small acts of magic that can turn a mundane situation into something a little more unusual.
Ranging from around 500 to 1000 words each, these very short stories will briefly transport the reader into realms of the imagination in the time it takes to finish a cup of tea or reach the front of the queue at the grocery store.
Short, but satisfying, let these tales of wonder sweep you away for just a moment at a time…
Graham Downs, author of Memoirs of a Guardian Angel, said: “This is some of the best flash fiction I have ever read.“
Nils Odlund, author of the Lost Dogs series, said: “It’s all the good stuff of epic awesome stories, condensed into a few minutes worth of reading…”
Here’s a sneak preview of what you can expect:
- In Penthesilea’s Demise, follow in the footsteps of a warrior in the front lines of the Trojan war.
- See what happens when a young hotheaded prince is pushed too far in Asterion’s Anger.
- Ever been stuck working late on a problematic piece of code? In Line 156 a programmer learns when it’s time to take a holiday.
- Quirky habits can sometimes lead to surprising options, as a beleaguered mother discovers in Lisa’s Choice.
- In a world where water has become the most important commodity, Keisha shows what she’s willing to do to protect something that is Precious.
- In The Lost City, a reclusive goddess has to face the facts and make a bold decision.
Set a spark to your day dream with this fantasy flash fiction collection!